Experience Erie’s role in the War of 1812 firsthand. Venture onto Presque Isle Bay and tour key historical locations while our knowledgable crew supplies enlightening information about the area’s history. Take part in on-board activities and feel what it was like to be a sailor on a tall ship at war.
- Full payment is required at the time of booking in order to make a reservation (private charters require a $250.00 deposit.)
- A ticket must be purchased for every rider, regardless of age (including infants).
- Our ticket booth is located at the Water Works bay-side inlet on Presque Isle State Park. The ship boards by our ticket booth.
- For directions to our ticket booth please go to our info page.
- Arrive at our ticket booth a recommended 15-30 minutes before your cruise time. Check in by telling the booth attendant the name your tickets were purchased under. Each person in your party will receive a boarding ticket from our reception desk. (Each passenger MUST have a boarding ticket in order to board the ship.) Early check in is suggested as most of our cruises run back to back with a cruise before and after yours. Have your group meet at the dock to prepare for boarding.
- No outside beverages are permitted on board.
After checking in, the ship will return, unload any passengers from its’ previous trip, and the crew will reset the ship for the next cruise. Once the Captain and crew are ready, they will welcome you on board. Each passenger MUST have a boarding ticket in order to board the ship. Once all passengers are on board and cruise start time has been reached, the crew will begin your adventure.
The ship will depart promptly at the scheduled cruise time. Passengers who have not checked in previous to the departure time will forfeit their reservations. No refunds or rescheduling will be issued for passengers who miss departure. U.S. Ariel Historic Adventures reserves the right to refuse service to any person deemed unsafe to sail.
Gratuity is not included in the ticket price. If you feel that gratuity for your crew is warranted, a time for gratuity will be included as you depart the ship.
- Individual Tickets: Reservations on regularly scheduled cruises may be canceled, altered or rescheduled with a 48 hours advanced notice of cruise date. No refunds will be given, or reservations rescheduled for requests made less than 48 hours advance notice of cruise date.
- Group Tickets: Group and package reservations (of 15 passengers or more) may be canceled, altered or rescheduled up to 7 days prior to cruise date. No refunds will be given, or reservations rescheduled for group cancellations made with less than 7 days advance notice.
- Should U.S. Ariel Historic Adventures need to cancel your cruise for any reason, you will be contacted in advance when possible and issued a rain check.
We operate rain or shine. Please plan to dress according to the weather, including coats, hoodies, rain jackets or ponchos. However, in case of severe weather conditions (i.e. lightening or high winds), it is at the Captain’s discretion to cancel the cruise. If canceled, passengers will be notified by phone (when possible) prior to the cruise and rain checks will be issued. If a cruise is interrupted by unsafe weather conditions and the ship has to return to dock early, rain checks will be issued depending on the length of your voyage.
By law, the Coast Guard authorizes us to carry a maximum of 37 passengers. This number includes all persons regardless of age or size. All passengers, including infants, must have a ticket purchased for them. There must be on responsible adult per party for our family cruises.
GIFT CERTIFICATES & RAIN CHECKS:
Gift Certificates can be purchased for any number of tickets for any given season. To purchase a Gift Certificate, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Gift Certificates and Rain Checks are non-refundable and have no cash value. Gift Certificate and Rain Check expiration dates cannot be extended.
U.S. Ariel Historic Adventures and nautical themed merchandise are for sale in our Gift Shop.
ENTERTAINMENT SERVICE POLICY:
We are an entertainment business and by reserving a spot on our adventure you give us the unrestricted right and permission to photograph and/or video record you and any minor children in your custody or care, and thereafter to copyright and use, re-use, publish, and republish video, photographic portraits, pictures, recreations of any likeness in any media in which you may be included intact or in part, composite or distorted in character or form, without restriction as to changes or transformations in conjunction with your own or a fictitious name, or reproduction hereof in color or otherwise, made through any and all media now or hereafter known for illustration, art, movies, film, promotion, advertising, trade, or any other purpose whatsoever. We may use such photographs or videos for our service, including but not limited to, our website and other user interfaces, such as social media sites, in any manner we choose in our sole and absolute discretion.
Upon purchasing tickets, you thereby agree to all terms and conditions listed within our Reservation Policies.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at (814) 490-0402 or email@example.com.